From the moment you step onto the Lakewood campus, you sense that Lakewood has just the right feel. Life is easier here, and it’s more than comfortable at our premier retirement community in Richmond, Va. It’s warm and friendly with a welcoming spirit. Residents are active and inspired to experience life in abundance. Friendships blossom. Opportunities abound. And vibrant living means a total commitment to whole-person wellness.
It’s why over the last 40 years, generations of families have made Lakewood their home.
Our carefree retirement community in Richmond, VA., combines cutting-edge innovation and programming with natural beauty and superior hospitality. Nestled on 128 wooded acres inside a peaceful residential neighborhood, it basks in a hometown feel that’s lush in life-enriching amenities and services.
Just minutes away, you’ll find Richmond’s dynamic West End, so you’re never far from your favorite local restaurants, shopping, golf courses and entertainment venues, to which we offer regular transportation. Because you live maintenance-free, which means we take care of all the housework and home maintenance, you’ll have all the time in the world to do the things you love, discover new passions, and share cherished moments with great friends and neighbors. It’s retirement living in Richmond, VA., reimagined.
Learn more about our life-enriching community or schedule a personal tour.
Vibrant Living to Bring Out Your Best
Retirement community living in Richmond, Va, at Lakewood is all about vibrant living, a commitment to whole-person wellness that radiates through everything we do.
It’s about living exceptionally well while staying physically active and engaging all your senses. It revolves around eating healthy while still enjoying the treats life has to offer. It involves keeping your curiosity growing and your mind at its sharpest. It lets you build on your past contributions and recognizes those you have yet to make. It’s about being happy, having fun, and enhancing the balance of the mind, body and spirit.
Vibrant living is all about personal choice and touches multiple dimensions that brighten every aspect of our residents’ lives:
- Joy – Your choices that provide a deep sense of contentment as you take advantage of exceptional programs and services. A joy that comes from knowing your home is cared for so you can focus on living the life you want to live.
- Growth – Your choices that allow you to learn and try new things that enable you to grow intellectually, spiritually and physically within our unique community.
- Community – Your choices that establish connections with those who have similar interests and experiences. Connections that help create an inviting atmosphere for residents and staff within your community.
- Purpose – Your choices that are intentional, varied and engage your personal passions. Having opportunities to use your personal strengths, talents and experiences to contribute to the community and serve others.
It’s easy to see why life shines at Lakewood.
Share Your Skills and Experiences for Worthy Causes
The spirit of giving and compassion thrives at Lakewood. In fact, our amazing residents exceed the national average in volunteerism and enjoy finding ways to use their talents to make a positive impact here and in the community.
Whether they’re joining a worthy cause or organizing for a cause of their own, the benefits of volunteering go far beyond the personal satisfaction of a job well done. Research proves that sharing your skills and experiences for worthy causes can improve your overall happiness and mental well-being. Volunteering enriches a sense of purpose and often helps people feel healthier as a result. That’s why we offer many opportunities to volunteer and add to the community life of Lakewood as well as to that of the surrounding communities.
Spirituality at Lakewood
Lakewood is part of LifeSpire of Virginia Inc., a faith-based, nonprofit family of retirement communities. These communities were born out of deep faith convictions, personal experiences of God’s grace in Christ, and a profound vision of a faith community reflecting God’s will and purpose. Lakewood was established on the principles of Christian love, compassionate care for the elderly, and respect for the sanctity and dignity of all life. And at Lakewood, individuals will experience an atmosphere that affirms the values of peace, love, forgiveness and justice.
There’s an ethic of respect and concern given unconditionally to all. Residents express their spirituality through a wide variety of denominations, faiths and religious practices. Spirituality at Lakewood seeks to be inclusive and encourages our residents to maintain connections with their home congregations or faith communities. Local churches visit and support Lakewood residents, and many come on campus to offer education and worship in their particular tradition. Though diverse, we’re united in affirming and supporting freedom of religion, and we’re united in our commitment to learning from each other.
LifeSpire Transfer Program
- LifeSpire has a resident transfer program designed to allow residents to transfer between any LifeSpire community.
- As needs change or as friends or family move the LifeSpire transfer program enables flexibility in where you live.
- Transfers are dependent upon space being available at the destination community. For further details on the LifeSpire Transfer Program call us at (804) 729-5563.