Since the beginning of the pandemic, Lakewood’s leadership teams have been working diligently to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The safety, security and health of all our residents is our chief concern. To that end, Lakewood’s leadership team continues to ask that all team members, residents and visitors follow the guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in an effort to limit the virus’s impact.
Lakewood’s team will continue with interventions already in place to reduce the risk of virus introduction and transmission.
These interventions include, but are not limited to:
- Screening all individuals who enter the community
- Temperature screening terminals are in place throughout the community
- Ongoing education for team members and residents regarding infection control practices
- Appropriate cleaning and disinfecting, particularly for common areas, shared spaces and high-touch surfaces
- Wearing facemasks for everyone on campus, except during dining
- Residents, team members and visitors are encouraged to maintain a social distance to the extent possible
- Monitoring residents’ health and rapid identification/response to signs of illness
- Encouraging/educating residents and team members on the importance of self-reporting any signs of illness and possible exposure to a positive or suspected COVID-19 case
Lakewood’s leadership team encourages personal protective measures, including, but not limited to:
- Wear facemasks except during dining
- Frequent handwashing
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home and report to a community team member if you experience any signs of illness, even mild
If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to Lakewood’s Administrator of Health Care Felicity Wood at 804-521-9151. Questions may be submitted to our corporate help desk via email at email@example.com.